Rent-to-Own a Piano
“I don’t know if my child will stick with the piano…” is arguably the most common concern we hear, so we designed this unique rent-to-own piano program for families that are just starting out.
- It’s a minimal amount of money upfront – usually $299 to $399.
- Starts at $49 per month
- 100% goes towards owning the piano for the first 12 months; after that, 75% applies. You can even apply store credit towards OTHER pianos!
- Minimal fees – just $95 processing fee, IF you purchase the instrument.
- Minimum term of 3 months – after that, easy returns, with no questions asked!
- No obligation or pressure to buy within a certain period of time.
Advantages to Renting
- Easy to return, no obligation to buy
- Low upfront investment
- 100% of each payment goes towards a piano for first 12 months
- Great for families just starting out.
Advantages to Buying
- Much wider selection of options, including new pianos
- Lower total cost
- No monthly rental payments
- Less paperwork and hassle
Piano Rental Prices
- Fully-weighted, full-length 88-key keyboards & digital pianos.
- Latest features: many sounds, no tuning, etc.
- Available for refurbished uprights under $1700
- Instruments tend to be a little older & a little smaller.
- Often American-made upright pianos.
- Available for select upright pianos that are priced for purchase between $1,700 & $3,000.
- Our most popular option
- For newer, taller, nicer looking & sounding refurbished instruments.
- Typically feature modern design touches, including “shiny” polished finishes.
- We try to stock at least 3 or 4 choices.
- Starts at $89 per month, some grands are more.
We Also Do Piano Rentals for Special Events.
Call Us at 847-775-1988 To Learn More.
These are examples of what you can Rent-to-Own here at Family Piano Co. Although we try hard to keep our online inventory up-to-date, we constantly have pianos coming and going, so we encourage you to set an appointment to come view available instruments.
Wurlitzer 45″ Studio$1,699.00
Lyon & Healy 42″ Console$2,099.00
Kurtzmann 5’5″ Grand$2,999.00
Kranich & Bach 41″ Console$1,899.00
Kimball 42″ Console$1,799.00
Kimball 42″ Artist Console$2,199.00
Kimball 38″ Consolette$1,199.00
Kawai 41″ Console$2,499.00
Casio Privia PX-160 Digital Upright
Casio CGP-700 Compact Digital Upright
Baldwin 41″ Console$1,689.00
Tips for Helping Your Child Stick with Piano
- Consistent, Scheduled Practice Times helps your child make the habit of practicing everyday easy.
- Encouragement is important, especially when startng off.
- Set Expectations – for example, some families require a minimum of 2 or more years of piano study before 8th grade, no negotiation. This also helps students get over the difficult beginning phase.
- Good Teachers make a big difference. If you need one, stop into our School of Music or we can recommend a teacher in your area.
- Invest in a Quality Instrument that gets your kids excited to practice. If it’s available, they often return to it years later if they take a break.
- Games & Apps – there are several iPad games out there, that are like Guitar Hero for piano that are really educational AND a ton of fun!
- Fun Music from favorite movies, shows, and games is available for sale through our store, online, or through YouTube.com
- Fun Performances include duets with a teacher / parent / friend, or a performance in one of our FREE monthly recitals, open to anyone!
- Multiple Kids in your family increases your chances of at least one of them succeeding!
More Rental Program Details – “The Fine Print”
- 100% of what you pay each month goes towards owning the instrument for the first 12 months.
- 75% thereafter (of payments 13, 14, etc) goes towards owning the piano.
- Minimum 3 Month Term for Rentals – after that, easy “no questions asked” returns, purchases, or upgrades.
- Security Deposit is used to pick-up piano – nothing more is typically due if you cancel!
- You can use your Store Credit towards ANY piano.
- No fee for exchanging acoustic instruments – just pay the related delivery / pick-up fees.
- Entire Duration of Rental Period – if you’re renting, your piano is covered.
- One tuning per year is included.
- If anything goes wrong, just give us a call and we’ll fix it!
- Required for all instruments
- $175 for Upright Pianos
- $250 for Grand Pianos
- FREE In-Store Pick-up for Digitals
- Required at signing.
- $175 for Upright Pianos
- $250 for Grand Pianos
- $250 (Refundable) for Digitals
- Is Used to Pay for Return Move for the Piano If You Cancel OR Towards Purchasing the Instrument.
- Required for all rentals
- Done in-house, pretty quick
- “Soft Ping” through Transunion, doesn’t affect your credit score
- No minimum credit score – we look at the credit report holistically.
- The only real price difference between renting and buying
- Recoups the extra time our staff spends on the transaction.
- $95 for all purchases through rental program ($45 if piano purchased within 90 days).
Request An Appointment
We’d like to block out some time to work one-on-one with you – showing you the differences between our products, answering all of your questions, and making any necessary logistics for a smooth sales experience for you.
Please note that due to vendor requirements, we cannot discuss prices until you’ve visited our physical location. However, once you do visit, you can can clearly see each piano labeled with our competitive prices.
Our showroom is open 7 days a week:
Monday-Thursday: 10:00 to 7:00 pm
Friday & Saturday: 10:00 to 5:00 pm
Sunday: 12:00 to 5:00 pm
Other times may be available by appointment.
Appointments aren’t required, but are recommended.
Family Piano Co
118 S. Genesee
Waukegan IL 60085
Free Parking in Our Lot on County St!